Welcome to my mentoring and consulting page! If you have landed here, I am guessing you are looking for some encouragement and guidance in implementing the methods of Charlotte Mason in your school – something a bit more in-depth and private than a forum question or an email inquiry. For years I have enjoyed walking alongside others and helping them bind together the practice with the principles of a living education based on Mason’s philosophy of education.
If only time and space would allow us to chat in my home with a warm cup of something you love to drink, amidst the books and things around which I am most comfortable! Perhaps we may still be able to arrange something special.
I am offering you a time for us to meet and talk, to discuss and guide, to suggest and encourage you on your journey. I will draw from my 20+ years of practice and study of Mason’s methods, suggesting unique books and patterns that are tried-and-true for a relational education. If you are wondering what others think of my mentoring, please read the comments below or this blog post. One meeting may be all you need to set your course in the right direction. You will be sent a pre-consultation questionnaire which will allow you to share your specific situation and most pressing concerns with me, helping us to have a purposeful conversation. Then we will schedule our meeting.Those who have consulted with me will receive my brief, quarterly “Mentoring Notes” – a short email with timely encouragement, tested advice, and other goodness. For those who are interested, having your spouse participate in the consult can be helpful, too. This truly is what I love to do and I can’t wait to meet you!
Consultations may be conducted via phone or video (Zoom). Consulting fee is $60.00 per hour. All correspondence is completely confidential. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and place “mentoring” in the subject line. For information on my speaking opportunities, whether for conferences, retreats, or support groups, please see the information under “Speaking“. For further bio info, see my “About” page.
- –unique living book suggestions for your homeschool
- -a nurturing and thoughtful mentoring relationship
- -developing specific schedules for each individual family and child
- -guidance on preparing yourself, your family, and your home for a living education
- -CM co-op advice (planning, subject instruction, issue resolution)
- -transcript preparation that reflects a relational education
- -course of study direction for a living education in the high school years
- -end-of-term exam assessments
- -sessions devoted to specific CM methods (narration, habits, notebook keeping, masterly inactivity, etc.)
- -how to plan a Charlotte Mason-inspired retreat
- -Shakespeare, Language Acquisition, Citizenship, or any other specific subject sessions, both inspirational and disciplinary
- -a Charlotte Mason education with the dyslexic child
- -STEM excellence in a relational education
- -teaching from Peace with atmospheres and schedules that reflect this
- -living books for your travels
Well, first I will say that I should have done some mentoring with Nancy sooner! If you’re on the fence about whether or not it will be worth it…YES, it will be worth it!